Remember all 2017 CDSG memberships will expire on Dec. 31, 2017. Renew or join online at Membership Registration
- 8/12/2017: The August 2017 publications will be sent to the printers on Aug 15th, with delivery by mid-September. The table of contents for the August 2017 Coast Defense Journal (Vol 31, Issue 3) is posted on the Journal Contents page and a downloadable version of the August 2017 newsletter is on the newsletter page.
- 8/10/2017: Posted updated registration flyer for the CDSG & FSG Special Tour to Switzerland August 11-19, 2018 on the CDSG Events Page.
- 7/30/2017: added more PDFs of the records for the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River getting ready for the 2018 meeting. RCWs, RCBs, maps, project plans, the Engineer Notebook, Quartermaster records, inspection reports, and battery correspondence files are all now on the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River page and can be downloaded.
- 6/24/2017: completed re-editing of CDSG website. Added more text and more pages throughout the website. Thanks to Terry McGovern & Hook Associates for doing the work!
- 6/24/2017: Posted updated CDSG conference and Tour attendance list for 2017 on the CDSG download page.
- 6/24/2017: Updated CDSG “About” menu pages, including Organization, Outreach, Events, Preservation, Projects, and Site Map.
- 1/1/2017: Updated the Reference Guide list of forts and batteries with model numbers for guns and carriages. See download page to get the new revision.
- 6/23/2015: The NEW 3rd Edition of American Seacoast Defenses, a Reference Guide (ASD3) shipped from the printers! The 3rd Edition features several revised sections, new pictures. It is available BOTH as a hardcover printed book and as an electronic PDF file. The hard cover edition of ASD3 is available for order on the website. Contact Mark Berhow at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on the PDF version.
- The CDSG ePress offers the complete harbor defense electronic document collection on a USB Drive for a discount price of $250 see the details at the CDSG ePress page.