Remember all 2017 CDSG memberships will expire on Dec. 31, 2017. Renew or join online at Membership Registration
- 11/14/2017: The Fall 2017 publications were sent to the printers, expect delivery by mid-December. The table of contents for the Fall 2017 Coast Defense Journal (Vol 31, Issue 4) is posted on the Journal Contents page and a downloadable version of the Fall 2017 newsletter is on the newsletter page.
- 11/4/2017: Posted first flyer for the 2019 CDSG Special Tour to the Philippines February 2-12, 2019, on the CDSG Events Page.
- 11/4/2017: The registration flyer for the 2018 CDSG Conference at the Columbia River April 25-27, 2018 is on the CDSG Events Page. Downloadable PDFs of the records for the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River: RCWs, RCBs, maps, project plans, the Engineer Notebook, Quartermaster records, aerial photographs, inspection reports, and battery correspondence files are all now on the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River page.
- 10/11/2017: the slots on the CDSG & FSG Special Tour to Switzerland August 11-19, 2018 have been filled. Info is still on the CDSG Events Page. For those of you that are going, you can pay the remaining costs by sending a check to Terry McGovern or pay online at the CDSG shop.
- 7/30/2017: added more PDFs of the records for the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River getting ready for the 2018 meeting. RCWs, RCBs, maps, project plans, the Engineer Notebook, Quartermaster records, aerial photographs, inspection reports, and battery correspondence files are all now on the Harbor Defenses of the Columbia River page and can be downloaded.
- 6/24/2017: completed re-editing of CDSG website. Added more text and more pages throughout the website. Thanks to Terry McGovern & Hook Associates for doing the work!
- 6/24/2017: Posted updated CDSG conference and Tour attendance list for 2017 on the CDSG download page.
- 6/24/2017: Updated CDSG “About” menu pages, including Organization, Outreach, Events, Preservation, Projects, and Site Map.
- 1/1/2017: Updated the Reference Guide list of forts and batteries with model numbers for guns and carriages. See download page to get the new revision.
- 6/23/2015: The NEW 3rd Edition of American Seacoast Defenses, a Reference Guide (ASD3) shipped from the printers! The 3rd Edition features several revised sections, new pictures. It is available BOTH as a hardcover printed book and as an electronic PDF file. The hard cover edition of ASD3 is available for order on the website. Contact Mark Berhow at email@example.com for details on the PDF version.
- The CDSG ePress offers the complete harbor defense electronic document collection on a USB Drive for a discount price of $250 see the details at the CDSG ePress page.