U.S. Army Coast Artillery Corps 1901-1950
Information on the organization of the coast artillery corps, unit histories and unit insignia has been researched by a variety of authors. The CDSG has published a series of articles on the organnization of the CAC. We have a webpage dedicated to Coast Artillery Corps Organization which has a number of PDF articles for downloading.
Also one can consult these references:
* U.S.Army War College, Historical Section, Order of Battle of the United States Land Forces in the World War, Zone of the Interior: Organization and Activities of the War Department, 3 Vols., GPO,Wash. DC, 1949.
* Clay, Steven E. U.S. Army Order of Battle 1919-1942, Combat Studies Institute Press, US Combined Arms Center, Ft. Leavenworth, KS 2010. Downloadable PDFs are availalble from Combat Studies Institute website (http://usacac.army.mil/cac2/CSI/CSIPubs.asp)
* Sawicki, James P., Antiaircraft Battalions of the U.S. Army, Volumes 1 & 2, Wyvern Publications, Dumphries, VA, 1991.
* Stanton, Shelby L., Order of Battle, US Army in World War II, Presidio Press, Novato, CA, 1984.
* Bean, P.W., Parisi, F.J., Puylara, J. and Littman, A.A., “Antiaircraft – Coast Artillery Corps, Distinctive Insignia Series 20,” American Society of Military Insignia Collectors, 526 Lafayette Avenue, Palmerton, PA 18071-1621.
* War Department, Official Army Register, January 1, 1934, GPO, Wash. DC.
* War Department, Army List and Directory, GPO, Wash. DC, various dates (1908-1936).